Thursday, November 13, 2014

8. I also believe in a congregation here in this world which is not made of patches and chips but which is made holy and righteous.

I also believe in a congregation here in this world which is not made of patches and chips but which is made holy and righteous. Those yet in sin have no part with those who are redeemed as long as they do not cleave to God. Dogs keep outside! They may look as pious as they want, they still will not get to heaven for only that gets to heaven which comes from heaven and that is Christ. And he who does not beget Christ within him never will get to heaven, be he as pious as he may.

Here I show you only what I have received from the Grace of God and I tell you what a Christian is so each one may examine himself and see how he stands and whether Jesus is his Redeemer and has redeemed him. He who will test what I here teach about God will find that what I say is truth. All of God's will is contained in this writing, the entire ground of Old and New Testaments. To read books in order to find the way to heaven is vain. Most o f those who have written books were themselves not redeemed. If you do want to read, they read the prophets, how they foretold how God in the last days would raise up His own people. The same is true of the New Testament.

It is written that no unclean thing shall enter the New Testament; and again that the Lord will judge when He shall say, Come here, ye righteous, and ye sinners, go ye to damnation. Seek ye all the time your Redeemer and ye shall find Him and become inwardly certain that this is God's voice which now goes forth among men. And when he through such evil people, bears such great love to them and us (and perhaps you) then you surely will believe that God speaks through me. And all those who have tasted the sweetness of God will have to say that this is truly God's Spirit and not of man.

For these 22 years I have had to say where peace was to be found wherever I was among men. But men love darkness more than light, they will not believe. John says: the withered and unbelieving are cast into the fire; therefore all is based on faith. He who believes and is not constrained to doubt, he shall come to speak of great miracles which God can do. He who does not believe may read all books and hear all the preachers who do not speak or write as God's voice here is given forth. All of them preach and write books out of the night. As long as a person has not yet been redeemed from sin he had not been sent by God to teach; he is of night and would teach the day. This he cannot do. From where a person is sent, that manner he has in him. I have been sent by God and He has made me from from sin. Now, they say that God has sent them, and they are sinners! Sin is of the devil! John says: the devil sins from the beginning. This is why the son of God appeared: to destroy the devil's work. Now hear! He who is yet in sin, in him Christ has not yet destroyed the devil's work; also, he comes from the devil too! You must look to the ground on which all depends and you have to say that you have never read a book in your whole life like the present writing. In this the will of God is fashioned, what God would have from man. When man yields himself to God He does not throw up his sins to him; He just says: Come, I will refresh you; I will give peace to your souls. When a person gains this new witness God teaches him what he is to do outwardly. He knows himself and God directs him. He who has been so made that the law has been written in his heart no longer needs to fear that he will do evil. God has made him a person who lives according to his law and keeps it.

No one should understand this writing as if I condemned anyone. I have just shown what God has done o me and what He asks of man. Had He not given it to me out of Grace, I then would be as you for I too knew no better. There will be many who will say that I am proud, this the Pharisees also Called Christ when He said that God was His Father and that He knew God. He who has not Christ's Spirit is not His own. The stranger this writing is to a person, the farther he is from God. For no one in the old state will fully understand it because it is written in the new. God calls many persons to repentance but many people go in by a crooked by-way and want to grow into it by an outwardly pious life. And then they grow high-minded and think that heaven cannot fail them. Yet they are so far from God as if they were in evil ways. When God calls a person to repentance he must keep himself from everything except the unknown God that He may let Himself become known unto him. Further, he dare not think, for example, how this or that scriptural phrase is to be understood. Rather, he should always think: how does this apply to me? I believe that I have come to know God before I die and so I shall cleave to Him as ling as I live. Here all disputation ends and Satan can do no more with such a man because he wants only God. Were God to cast him into hell he would bear it with patience. When a person lives in [143] this condition God surely will bear him anew and he will know why Christ came.

No comments:

Post a Comment